Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to freenews.netfront.net:119 (Connection refused) in /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/nntp.lib.php on line 1042

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/nntp.lib.php:1042) in /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/standard.lib.php on line 1480

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to freenews.netfront.net:119 (Connection refused) in /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/nntp.lib.php on line 1042

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/nntp.lib.php:1042) in /home4/porkchop/public_html/ng/lib/standard.lib.php on line 1480
MyNewsGroups :) 0.6
     
  Home | NewsGroups | Stats | Search | About   System Info:  Welcome to MyNewsGroups :) v 0.6  v. 0.6
 Login
 Password
 Register
 
 
 alt.macromedia.flash  Post an article  
Subject Author Date
Hey Spacey, Have You Tried This? Onideus Mad Hatter 26-07-2007
 Re: Hey Spacey, Have You Tried This? Neredbojias Reply Send to a Friend   Print
 
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:28:47
GMT Onideus Mad Hatter scribed: 

>>Yes, you make many good points.  I think the conclusion is that Flash
>>has to be improved
> 
> Actually it's the DEVELOPERS who need to improve the most, not the
> software.  Flash is accessible as the DEVELOPER makes it...sadly most
> Flash developers don't have any fuckin cl00 as to what they're even
> doing.

That's why I originally went along with your argument.  The same _cannot_ 
be said in the html-browser arena because, in my opinion, the standards 
are faulty, the browsers are faultier, and when you throw the developers 
into the mix...

(Sure, a lot of people won't agree with this, but use a perspective of 
comparison with almost any other sphere of discipline.  If the product or 
service doesn't satisfy its "customers", it atrophies, or is replaced or 
corrected.  That even applies to governments.  If something as 
"hogwashy" as the w3c's version of html was thrust upon the general 
public in a different guise, it would surely be cast out.  We don't need 
any more steam automobiles or lighter-than-air aerocraft.  We need 
something modern, efficient, and effective.  Html and css are _barely_ 
viable.  Yes, the browser-boys share some of the blame, but that isn't my 
problem.  My problem is presenting my ideas as I wish with the most 
capable methods available.
 
> Also, a lot of times what you call "accessibility" a developer would
> call a security hole.  For example the ability to save images in the
> site.  It's pretty easy to make custom context menus and setup your
> Flash files so that users can save images embedded in the Flash
> file...but then a lot of developers don't because they want to protect
> their images.

True, as certain javascriptors disable context menues and the like also.  
I don't stay at those site very long, and I never go back.  Currently, 
however, the percentage of Flash sites is greater than the percentage of 
html sites within that category.  Webmasters can be just as big fools as 
anybody else, but Flash makes it easier, I'd say.  Still, it's probably 
the future, _especially_ if the html "standards" and "interpretations" 
aren't straightened-out within a reasonable amount of time.

-- 
Neredbojias
Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.


 MyNewsGroups :) v. 0.6  Project Home Page: mynewsgroups.sourceforge.net | GPL Licensed | Debug?
Page generated in 0.019 seconds.